Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2013 Garret Nelson: Reflection of Sites # 1



2013 Garret Nelson: Reflection of Sites # 1

Website #1 Digital Media Management 
     

     First of all I would like to say that the black, white and red blend very well and are appealing to the eye.  This seems to be a very successful color scheme in other works.  I also really love the background.  The pattern in the background (which resembles scratches) reminds me of stainless steel.  It is a very clean and metallic look; I think it goes great with the rest of it. As far as getting their message across I think they did a great job.  The info was very brief and easy to read; which I feel a lot of people like.  Also I found it very interesting and effective how the main points are in red font color.  So in the end I got the message they were trying to get across; so I feel it fulfilled its purpose.  As far as the social networking goes, I think they did a great job.  I think the Facebook, twitter, instagram and YouTube links are placed in a good spot.  I also like how they added Instagram; I’m not sure if it’s just me, but I feel some sites leave out Instagram.  I think this is a big mistake because I feel Instagram’s user number is constantly increasing.  I also like how they added a Skype phone number.  I feel this is a very effective way of communication.  I feel the main page was a little crowded though.  I think they could have moved the DIGITAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT logo along with the website navigation bar up.  This would cover up the blank spot in the upper right corner.  I also felt that with the navigation bar and logo in the top right, they could elongate the test horizontally.  I think that the blog was a great addition.  I think blogs are very important, since they let you know about the company.  When I looked at their blog I got the idea that they were professional.  I think their use of celebrity endorsement and the Emmy Awards was very effective too.  The layout of the blog was a good.  I do think they should have left less room on the sides though.  I feel the main page was a little crowded though.  Overall, I think the page was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment